Sunday, July 12, 2009

Here am I !


Genesis 46:2 (New International Version)

2 And God spoke to Israel in a vision at night and said, "Jacob! Jacob!"


"Here I am," he replied.


I have been reading through the book of Genesis again. It has been a long time since I have read it and pondered on every word! I find it so fascinating, and there is so much history in one Book of the Bible. If you get a chance, start reading Genesis, even it is one chapter a day. From wonder to absolute pain, I have been so blessed. The verse above really spoke to me today. The King James Version, says "Here am I". You know it was a simple response from Jacob, and what follows is Jacob journeying to see his son, Joseph, whom he thought was dead. What a happy time for Jacob. My prayer is to respond like Jacob responded, "Here I am", short and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails